Wednesday, July 20, 2016

07/20/2016 My Father, My Brother

Today for some reason I wore my white ripped up jeans
White wife beater tank top
My Universal vans
As usual my colors on my ass
Red White and Blue
Rainbow of colors on my wrist and hands,
Rainbow Sports bra
My family jewels around my neck
That lil red gift I carry close to my heart
Don't forget my family that came along
At just the right time
To show me I'm not alone
Had another emotional moment
Sometimes they just grab a hold of me
It seems always standing alone on an intersection I cry
I put my left hand on my heart
My right hand in the air
As they showed me pictures that my daddy didn't die
All alone in that convalescent home after all
He was surrounded by His Mother, His Father
All those Angels and Guides up that line
All those brothers and sisters he never even knew he had
Who knew my Father who drowned in that black swill
That Father with Wolf Disease
Who died with that elephant sitting on his chest
Who knew, My Father, My Brother
Those burdens he carried in his heavy heart was for me
He didn't die alone like me and my sister always thought
As I stood on that corner
I cried Alone with a heavy heart

No comments:

Post a Comment